Vertical Lift Modules
Material Flow Technologies offer a state of the are Vertical Lift Modula (VLM) with the Modula Lift. The Modula Lift VLM is a storage system that will provide a dense storage solution that utilizes the unused vertical space within a facility.
Here is a list of potential benefits you can expect with an implementation of a Modula Vertical Lift Modules.
- Space savings and recovery of floor space up to 90%
- Increased productivity and reduced labor of up to 400%
- Improved inventory control and inventory accuracy usually above 99%
- Greater picking accuracy with light directed picking and even laser directed picking
- Improved ergonomics and user safety as all items are accessed at an optimum height
- Enhanced accountability through recording of transactions and limiting access to those authorized
- Greater flexibility than most alternative storage solutions, this will provide a more efficient method of storing a large variety of inventory.
The Modula Vertical Lift Modules can be provided in many applications. Here are some of the applications we have successfully applied a Modula solution.
Maintenance & Repair Operations
Tooling & Test Fixture Storage
Order Fulfillment Operations
Specialty Handling Operations
We have had the opportunity to apply the Modula in applications that are not always considered for a Vertical Lift Modules. This includes:
- Bar Stock or Long Art Handling – We have trays that are up to 161” long and can handle capacities up to 2000 lbs.
- Work in Process Bulk Handling – We have stored inventory for production that is stored in bulk containers. This can be light product or heavy product that needs special lifting devices to lift the parts in and out of storage. We can kit parts for an assembly or put complete totes of the same parts for a process or a Kan-Ban system replenishment.
- Automated Handling – We have also applied robotics to handle parts and storage containers in an automated system. This can eliminate an operator where the handling need is not well suited for an operator or automation can improve the throughput or quality of the handling process. This can be a challenging but very rewarding solution.